Bioweapons, specifically Lyme Disease and bioweaponized ticks,
were in the news recently when US Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ) introduced Amendment 116-19 which was subsequently passed by the US House of Congress on July 11th, 2019. The US House ordered an investigation to determine whether the DoD (Department of Defense) experimented with ticks and other insects between 1950 and 1975 to create bioweapons (biological weapons). Smith, who has a long history of bringing awareness to Lyme Disease, said he was inspired to pursue the matter after reading a book by Kris Newby entitled Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons published this year. The fact of the matter is that the US Government and Military have a long history of experimentation with bioweapons, some of which has caused fatal consequences. It is time for the truth to come out.
What is Lyme Disease?
The Connections Among Lyme Disease, Weaponized Ticks, Plum Island, Mycoplasma, Other Hard-to-Diagnose Diseases and Bioterrorism
“It is becoming evident that any microbe that has been ‘modified’ is considered ‘off limits’ for treatment and any physician that takes these chronic infections seriously, is targeted for harassment. This same pathogen is found in Gulf War Illness, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue patients! Could this be the main reason why the symptoms of all these diseases overlap to such a degree and all seem to have emerged around the same time period?…
It seems very coincidental that …
1) Lyme disease is endemic to all land areas surrounding Plum Island.
2) Many Lyme and Gulf War Illness patients are infected with the same genetically engineered organism (mycoplasma fermentens) created and patented by the US Government.
3) Lyme Disease and Gulf War Illness share almost identical symptoms.
4) Doxycycline is one of the drugs of choice for both diseases.
5) Both sets of patients are being denied antibiotic treatment.
6) I spoke with Dr. Thomas, the previous Director of Plum Island, who admitted that an Iraqi researcher (who has since been murdered) did his graduate training at Plum Island, specifically involving different strains of mycoplasma. He went back to Iraq and headed up the mycoplasma research program at the University of Baghdad. I asked Dr. Thomas if Plum Island ever worked with mycoplasmas in general. She denied this at the beginning but gradually admitted researching 7 different different strains. I asked if Plum Island researchers ever worked with mycoplasma fermentens. She was immediately familiar with that particular genetically engineered strain although she did deny that Plum Island researchers ever worked with it.
7) Yale University often works with Plum Island on various projects and they are in close proximity to each other.
8) Yale, again, is one of the main opponents of long term antibiotic treatment for Lyme Disease in spite of it’s obvious benefits.”
In typical fashion, it took a long time for the USG to admit that Lyme Disease was real and that Lyme Disease was a possible bioweapon. In 2005, the University of Texas at San Antonio opened a new research lab for bioterrorism. It was reported that the facility would be there “to study such diseases as anthrax, tularemia, cholera, lyme disease, desert valley fever and other parasitic and fungal diseases. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified these diseases as potential bioterrorism agents.”
Bioweapons and Nazi Paperclip Scientist Dr. Erich Traub
One famous scientist brought in under Operation Paperclip was Dr. Erich Traub, who worked under Heinrich Himmler, the 2nd highest top-ranking Nazi just under Hitler. During WW2, Traub oversaw a program where the Nazis sprayed occupied Soviet territory with viruses from planes. Traub was instrumental in setting up research on Plum Island. He worked for the US Biological Warfare Program from 1949-1953, during which time he consulted with CIA and also worked at Fort Detrick, Maryland, another bioweapons center. Traub is mentioned in this Truthstream Media video and also in Michael Carroll’s book Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government’s Secret Plum Island Germ Laboratory. In that book, Carroll claims he had a source who worked on Plum Island in the 1950s. This source:
“recalls that animal handlers and a scientist released ticks outdoors on the island. “They called him the Nazi scientist, when they came in, in 1951 – they were inoculating these ticks.””
History of USG Bioweapons
Weaponizing bugs is an old idea. Before and during WW2, Japan had an infamous military organization named Unit 731 (covered here) which weaponized insects, typically fleas infected with plague and cholera, which they used against Chinese civilians. When the Japanese lost WW2 to the Americans, US officials later cut the Japanese a deal whereby their scientific “research” was handed over in exchange for leniency (same deal the US cut with the Nazis via Paperclip). After WW2, the USG embarked on a host of bioweapon experiments upon its own people:
– Operation Sea-Spray (1950): this was a secret US Navy experiment where 2 bacteria, serratia marcescens and bacillus globigii, were sprayed over the San Francisco Bay Area in California;
– Norfolk Naval Supply Center experiments (1951): those running this test dispersed fungal spores to see how they would infect workers unpacking crates in this base in Virginia. Most of the workers were African-American. The plan was to test if they were more susceptible to fungal disease than Caucasians;
– Spraying Chemicals to Test Potential of Biological Weapons (1950s): in 1997, the National Research Council revealed that the USG used chemicals to test the potential of biological weapons in the 1950s. Zinc cadmium sulphide was dispersed by plane in open air testing. It was sprayed over many American cities, including St Louis in Missouri and Minneapolis in Minnesota;
– Operation Big Itch (1954): this experiment (Black Vault docs here) was designed to learn if fleas could be loaded into bombs. It turns out they could. The tests happened just a few years after the Soviets accused the US of dropping canisters full of insects infected with plague and cholera in Korea and China during the Korean War (just as Japan had done against China);
– Project 112 (1962): Then US Secretary of Defense, Robert McNamara, authorized this new program which greatly expanded bioweapons research. One of the most well-known and nefarious tests was in 1966 on the New York subway. Scientists filled light bulbs with bacillus globigii (same bacterium as used in Operation Sea-Spray) and smashed them open on the train tracks. The bacteria traveled all around the subway system, with thousands of people breathing them in.
If you are new to this topic, the truth revealed in this article may be horrifying. I am reminded of a quote by the late William Blum, who said that “no matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” We have to keep digging, keep questioning and keep researching to uncover what is happening. This recent amendment may go nowhere, however at least it was a newsworthy event for the MSM, which serves to shine some focus on the outrageous deeds committed by a government that claims to represent us. Share the truth far and wide.
*Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons (2019) by Kris Newby
*Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government’s Secret Plum Island Germ Laboratory (2004) by Michael Carroll